Wednesday 12 December 2012

Book Review - Winter Warmers




Winter Warmers by Carole Matthews
Released 26th November
Kindle 192 pages
Publisher Hachette Digital
Rating 4/5
Source Kindle Books

Summary…
Three short stories…

All I Want for Christmas is You
Christmas is around the corner but Maria just can't get into the spirit - will she ever find Mr Right? But when a secret admirer starts leaving her poems and notes, it looks as though her luck is about to change . . .

Cold Turkey
Tara is in love with a man she can't have. She expected to spend Christmas with him but when the big day arrives, she finds herself alone. Sad and upset, Tara just wants to ignore the festive season - and then a chance encounter changes everything.

About Gardening
I love my husband Sam but our relationship isn't what it used to be. Can I find a way to bring us back together?

My thoughts…
I have recently purchased a Samsung Tab and one of the first apps that I downloaded was Kindle. Having borrowed a family members to read Kismetology I feel in the love with the ease of using a tablet to carry around and read whenever and where I wanted, so as an early Christmas present to myself I got a Samsung Tab. Once it was up and running I logged into Amazon and soon starting looking at the extensive list of free books that they had to offer, with it being Christmas this was the perfect choice for my first download.

Winter Warmers is a gift from Carole Matthews with three festive short stories – All I Want for Christmas is You, Cold Turkey and About Gardening. I had never heard of Carole Matthews before reading Winter Warmers but within a few pages I instantly feel in love with her witty writing style and have already started looking at other books that I can buy for this wonderful author.

All I Want for Christmas is You, is a typical fairy-tale, chick lit story of a single girl named Maria with a crush on a gorgeous man, the man asks out her best friend, all the while a secret admirer is showing Maria with little festive gifts each day.

Cold Turkey is a story about Tara, a mistress, her married lover has promised that he will visit her this Christmas, but when she is left alone yet again ad trip to feed the ducks leads to an unlikely meeting. A warm and happy story full of magical moments.

About Gardening is a story about a married couple who’s spark had disappeared until one Christmas they  both realise that they must work together to get it back. This story is one that I think many married couples can relate to and is a story that is playing out around the world. Another beautiful and heart-warming story sowing promise in a deflated relationship.

Overall I loved each of the stories and am so excited to read more from Carole Matthews, she now has one more fan to add to, what I am sure, is a growing list. This is a great read to get you in the festive spirit. It is still available to download for free from Kindle Books see my reading list on the right and follow the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment